The National Museum of Travel and Tourism is evaluating business plans for both 501(c)3 non-profit and for-profit operation. The NMTT will seek a combination of private equity, public, and corporate sponsorship. Sources of private equity, either venture capital or foundation support, will depend upon the profit/non-profit status of the museum.
Business Organization and Funding
Examples of corporate funding sources include:
• Airlines • Hotels and Motels
• Rental Car Companies • Bed & Breakfast Associations
• Amtrak • Restaurants
• Cruise Lines • Souvenir Manufacturers / Retailers
• Automakers • Tour Companies
• Oil Companies • Others
Private funding will be sought from corporations and industry organizations that have an interest in and benefit from the growth in travel.
Public funding will be dependent upon the site selection for the museum, and will be a contributing factor in the site selection process.
The National Museum of Travel and Tourism -
- a new museum that YOU can be a part of!